Also few decades ago, researchers believed that our intelligence quotient cannot be improved or cannot increase with brain exercises or herbs. However, a few years later researchers found that learning a new language or reading books often can lead to an increase in your IQ. So it’s not like you cannot get smarter with age and time, but you’ve got to work towards that. Just going over IQ tests and taking them over and over again isn’t going to help, you need to boost your intelligence through medicines herbs and brain teaser teasers!
- Fish oil or Omega 3 is known to boost brain functioning – probably because most of the cells found in our brain contain omega 3 fat. Also, omega 3 is known for its anti inflammatory properties, which can protect again brain ageing and brain damage. 4
- Phosphatidylserine is a type of fat compound which is found in the brain. It is known to preserve brain health and improve skills and memory.
- Creatine is commonly found in foods like meat, fish and eggs. Creatine supplements are known to boost brain power, making it great for people who commonly don’t eat meat or fish. It also improves memory and hence boosts intelligence.
- Ginkgo biloba is obtained from the Ginkgo biloba tree and it is very commonly consumed by people to boost brain power. It is believed that this supplement can improve memory, focus and thinking skills.
- Bacopa monnieri is found in the herb Bacopa monnieri, and it is commonly used in Ayurvedic medicine to improve brain functioning. The continuous use of this herb has shown an improvement in skills and memory for both young and old alike.
- Rhodiola rosea is a supplement obtained from the Rhodiola rosea herb which is often used in Chinese medication. It is known to improve mental functioning and reduce mental fatigue.
- Rosemary is considered to be a stress reliever. Consistent use shows not only an improvement in memory and concentration, but also a reduction in depressive symptoms.
- Sudoko improves your logical thinking and allows you to use different parts of your brain. Since you’re thinking 3 or 4 moves ahead before making any move it helps keep your brain sharp.
- Chess uses mental skills like self control, focus, strategizing and thinking a few steps ahead. This helps you boost your brain functioning.
- Colouring causes you to silence your mind and completely focus on the task at hand. This doesn’t help you become more focused, but it allows your brain to become totally silent which helps in the long run.